Despite their imperfections as

Discussions et informations

Despite their imperfections as

de mostakimseo11 le 06 Oct 2022, 12:38

Tina writes I almost owe Mexico not so much what I have done here but what I could do without resorting to the colonial churches the charros and the chinas poblanas and the garbage of that kind that most photographers have done. Seemed nonstop in his growing social consciousness. His photographic art is in a moment of great splendor. Suddenly surprisingly the twoyear relationship with Xavier Guerrero ends the artist has a ticket to travel and live in Moscow the highest aspiration of the PCM members. Modotti's new canon During the Revolutionary period Modotti's photography changes in an important way to the point of initiating a set of practices that could be considered canonical in the Tina of this time.

The photographer begins to experiment e-commerce photo editing a practice Weston would disapprove of but which is quintessentially modern. Tina tries certain practices that would scandalize Edward such as the reframing of some photographs or the photomontage of Elegance and Poverty where Modotti arranges two photographs that he superimposes above an advertisement for the Estrada Hnos. store calling the handsomeness and below a poor man with huaraches and dirty clothes it is a montage in which the seams are noticeable since the double focus and the tonal and sharpness differences are evident.

However it clearly shows Tina's independence from the formalisms of Edward Weston who would never have admitted such patches but who speak of a specific discourse that Modotti proposes. The Elegance Tina Modotti. Elegance and poverty In other cases Modotti's photographs are no longer neurotically perfect like Weston's there are some out of focus vibrated and the artist chooses those images is the case in Marcha de campesinos camino al Zócalo México where a sea of ​​hats –without a single face generates a visual rhythm whose slight vibration seems to provoke a resonance. This particular photograph is also a cut from the negative.
mostakimseo11

Retourner vers Gel des notes